If you or your family members suffer from allergies or chronic respiratory conditions such as asthma, you may have airborne contaminants polluting your home’s indoor air.
At Jerry Brittingham A/C & Heat, Inc., we provide a comprehensive range of whole-home air purifier and air cleaner services in Daytona Beach, FL. Our solutions are effective in removing harmful particles to ensure a healthy indoor environment.
Aging HVAC systems are a common source of indoor pollution. Contact Us today to schedule AC replacement services.
Harmful Contaminants In Your Home
Airborne contaminants, especially those with a particle size ranging from 0.5 to 7 microns, can be highly detrimental to your health. These pollutants include:
- Allergens, such as pollen, pet dander, insect particles.
- Disturbed asbestos fibers.
- Chemical fumes from paints, photocopier toner, and cleaning agents.
- Dust mites.
- Mercury from fluorescent bulbs, thermostats, and batteries.
- Mold spores.
- Outdoor air pollution.
- Tobacco smoke particles.
- Radon, a radioactive gas from rock and soil.
Environmental factors, such as poor ventilation and high humidity levels, can intensify indoor pollution.
Signs You Need a Whole-House Air Purifier
Several tell-tale signs can indicate the need for an air cleaner or filtration solution:
- Allergies: Symptoms such as coughing, sneezing, or irritation are a clear sign of indoor air pollution.
- Asthma: Inhaling pollutant particles can trigger asthma or other chronic respiratory diseases.
- Unpleasant odors: Musty or chemical smells indicate the presence of mold or other contaminants.
- Visible signs of pollution: Dust accumulation on surfaces and mold growth in damp spots both suggest poor indoor air quality.
If you notice any of the above, contact us for air purification or filtration system installation.
Are drafts in your home overworking your HVAC system? Call us to schedule blower door testing.
Types of Whole Home Air Purifier Systems
Various air cleaner and filtration solutions are available to remove airborne contaminants. We can install most whole-home air purifier systems, including:
- Activated carbon filters for the removal of gaseous pollutants.
- Basic HVAC filters to trap pet hair, dust, and pollen.
- High-efficiency particulate air (HEPA) filters for the removal of particles larger than 0.3 microns.
- Electrostatic filters and ionizers charge the particles in the air, causing them to stick to surfaces.
True HEPA filters are one of the most effective options to clean your indoor air. These filters can remove at least 99.97% of particles, and they are suitable for commercial applications. Our team is happy to help you select the best air purification system for your home.