Due to inadequate insulation and sealing, the average home in Daytona Beach, FL, has air loss levels equivalent to a 2-foot square hole in the wall. Air leakage reduces a home’s energy efficiency significantly and increases heating and cooling costs.
At Jerry Brittingham A/C & Heat, Inc., we offer blower door test services to determine issues, such as drafts, air leaks, high moisture levels, and low indoor air quality. As a leading blower door test company, we’ll determine where your home loses energy and recommend the correct efficiency improvements.
Are you looking for an efficient heating solution? As a RUUD Pro Partner, we can provide quality heat pump installation.
What Is Blower Door Testing?
Blower door testing is a method for determining how well a home is sealed. During this air and duct leakage test, we mount a powerful fan onto one of your exterior doors and pull the air from your home.
As the air pressure inside the house drops, air will flow into your home from outside through openings, such as duct leaks, attic openings, or missing weatherstripping. Using gauges, we’ll calculate and quantify the airflow into your home and determine your building envelope’s tightness. The information from blower door and duct leakage testing allow us to determine the best solution for your home.
The Benefits of an Envelope Leakage Test
During the construction of new homes, a blower door test certification is necessary to ensure the building meets conservation standards. However, if you have an older home, you can also benefit from the results of a blower door test.
- Identify air leaks, drafts, lacking insulation, and other causes of energy loss.
- Improve your home’s energy efficiency.
- Reduce your household’s carbon footprint.
- Enhance your home’s indoor air quality.
- Increase your property’s resale value.
- Save money on your energy bill.
- Prolong the lifespan of your heating and cooling systems.
Insufficient temperature regulation may be due to a faulty thermostat. Call us for thermostat repair!
Signs You Need Air Duct Testing
A blower door test will reveal if your home has air infiltration issues. Schedule a blower door test if:
- You or other household members suffer from allergies or respiratory issues.
- Humidity levels in your home are high.
- There are musty smells or damp spots in your home.
- Your utility bills are too high.
- Your home has hot or cold spots.
A blower door test will reveal all infiltration points, including those from attics, crawl spaces, doors, and windows.