Air ducts are one HVAC system component that is typically hidden in plain sight and goes largely unnoticed. When your heating or cooling system is underperforming, it’s easy to blame it on your AC or heater, but faulty ductwork can also be the culprit. When was the last time you had your air ducts inspected?
At Jerry Brittingham A/C & Heat, Inc., we use the latest thermal imaging techniques to pinpoint the issues in your duct system. With an accurate diagnosis, our technicians can recommend the most cost-effective and long-lasting solution!
Why Daytona Beach, FL, residents choose us:
- Upfront and honest pricing
- Friendly, well-trained technicians
- 100% customer satisfaction
Looking to upgrade your home’s cooling system? As a Ruud Pro Partner, we offer quality AC replacements with the best models on the market!
Signs of Faulty Ductwork
Over time, air ducts can accumulate debris, loosen, or become damaged. If you notice these tell-tale signs of compromised ductwork, call us as soon as possible:
- Debris accumulation around the duct’s diffusers
- Rattling or clamoring noises
- Uneven temperatures
- Rising energy bills
- Poor airflow
- Musty odors
What Is Thermal Imaging?
Manual inspections – even when done by well-trained eyes – are not very thorough compared to thermal imaging. We use an infrared tool that provides a visual representation of heat and cold. By checking your ductwork’s surface temperature, we can locate any abnormalities caused by:
- Misrouted or leaking ducts
- Improper installation
- Missing insulation
- Debris accumulation
Our comprehensive air duct cleaning service will make quick work of dirty ductwork, a leading cause of HVAC system faults.
Should You Have Your Ductwork Regularly Inspected?
You have your car regularly assessed by professionals—shouldn't your HVAC system deserve the same treatment? After all, it works hard to bring you quality heating and cooling all year round.
With our comprehensive ductwork inspections, we can locate any issue and apply the appropriate fix so you can reap the benefits of a well-maintained system:
- Fewer chances of damage: Cracks or loosened parts in your air ducts that are left unaddressed may become worse, leading to costly repairs.
- Lower utility bills: Even having your system inspected and maintained just once a year could cut down your energy costs by 30%!
- Extended system life: Most ductworks last at least 15 years, but they can remain operational for much longer with proper maintenance.
- Enhanced air quality: Dust, mold, pollen, and other contaminants can slowly build up in your air ducts. With regular checkups, we can find any debris accumulation and clean them before they can affect your household's health.