When was the last time you had your dryer vent cleaned out? Like every other appliance in your home, your dryer will be prone to damage if it's not maintained properly.
By hiring a trusted professional to take care of your dryer vent cleaning, you have peace of mind knowing that your unit is kept in excellent shape. Our team at Jerry Brittingham A/C & Heat, Inc. will use special tools and equipment to thoroughly clean your dryer's vent system without leaving a mess behind.
Daytona Beach, FL, homeowners choose us because we offer:
- Honest and upfront pricing – no hidden fees!
- Experienced, well-equipped technicians
- Free consultations
- A 100% satisfaction guarantee
Does your home have a heating or cooling system that uses ductwork? If you want to keep your indoor air quality high, professional air duct cleaning is a must.
Dryer Vent Cleaning
Many homeowners overlook their dryer vents, yet cleaning them is a critical part of home maintenance. Over time, your dryer vents can accumulate excessive buildup and cause serious issues. Dirty dryer vents could not only negatively impact your indoor air quality but also pose a real fire threat to your property. When lint builds up in your dryer vent, it can catch fire due to overheating of the motor.
A buildup inside your dryer vent can also degrade your system’s efficiency. At Jerry Brittingham A/C & Heat, Inc., we utilize top-of-the-range dryer vent cleaning equipment from the Rotobrush brand. Here’s are some of the features of the Rotobrush dryer vent cleaning equipment we use:
HDVac Dryer Vent Cleaning System
Equipped with three vacuum motors, the HDVac is a powerful, contractor-grade system designed to get your dryer vents squeaky clean. Its power is unrivaled in the industry. It features an advanced industrial design and can get rid of dirt quickly and effectively. Our skilled technicians are highly trained on how to get maximum results from the HDVac, so all you have to do is sit back and wait to enjoy a clean dryer vent.
If you use your dryer frequently or you haven’t cleaned it up within the last year or so, call us now for dryer vent cleaning services. Your comfort and safety matter to us most.
A Dirty Dryer Is a Dangerous Dryer
If you don’t clean out your dryer vent, the consequences can be more severe than a mere loss in performance. The risks of dirty and clogged dryer vents include:
- House fires: According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), poorly maintained or faulty clothes dryers and washing machines are a leading cause of residential fires.
- Microbial growth: Ill-maintained dryer vents can’t effectively eliminate water as designed. This excess moisture can accumulate indoors and create an environment for harmful microorganisms to grow and multiply.
- Carbon monoxide poisoning: If you have a gas dryer with blocked or obstructed vents, it can cause carbon monoxide buildup in your home.
Signs that Your Dryer Vent Needs Cleaning
Not all dryer vents have a sophisticated system that alerts you when it's too dirty, so how will you be able to tell? Here are some common indicators to watch out for:
- Decreased performance: Did you know that dryer vent lint buildup can cause your clothes to take longer to dry?
- Overheating: If your laundry room is hotter than normal or if you notice burning smells, it could be your dryer overheating from restricted airflow.
- Stuck lint flap: A lint flap that doesn’t open while the dryer is on can indicate lint buildup.
- Unit shutting down: Most modern dryers turn off automatically when it detects too much heat in the system.
- It’s been a year since cleaning your dryer air duct: Even if you diligently clean your dryer filter, lint will eventually make its way into the vent and slowly accumulate. We recommend an annual dryer duct cleaning as the minimum requirement to maintain a healthy system.
As a Ruud Pro Partner, we are also capable of keeping your heating and cooling system in top shape. Choose our AC maintenance and repair if you want fast and reliable solutions!
The Benefits of Dryer Vent Cleaning Services
As a homeowner, you can easily maintain many parts of your dryer yourself, like the lint screen, drum, tailpipe, and outdoor vent pipe. However, your dryer's inner venting system – especially the ones that run through your walls or ceilings – might be challenging to clean without the proper equipment and know-how.
By investing in our professional dryer and laundry vent cleaning services, you save more in the long run by:
- Reducing the risk of costly accidents.
- Significantly reducing your power bill.
- Extending your dryer’s lifespan.
- Lowering the chances of repairs.