Position Summary: To deliver exceptional HVAC installation service to the customer by completing and installing HVAC equipment and accessories. To oversee the work of the HVAC Install Apprentice to ensure the work is performed correctly and is reflective of Jerry Brittingham A/C’s values.
- Install HVAC related equipment and accessories in accordance with the manufacturer’s specifications.
- Install gas lines, flue pipes, and wiring for both high and low voltage wiring applications as well as run flue liners.
- Install copper refrigerant lines to air conditioning units, including soldering and brazing.
- Design, fabricate, and install various ducts and duct fittings as necessary.
- Properly connect gas lines to heating equipment.
- Perform start-ups on heating, cooling systems, and other components.
- Perform limited diagnostics, as necessary.
- Train, coach, and mentor apprentices.
- Braze copper joints without leaks.
- Pull vacuums on refrigerant systems and test for tightness.
- Install and program all versions of thermostats.
- Install, wire and plumb all IAQ products.
- Set an air conditioner, heat pump, furnace or air handler.
- Deliver equipment needed to complete the installation and remove old equipment.
- Keep vehicle clean and in safe working order.
- Ensure vehicle is stocked and accurately inventoried.
- Return defective warranty parts to the branch.
- Effectively communicate with the customer regarding questions, concerns and problems.
- Inform a manager if the customer does not have HVAC service before leaving the call.
- Facilitate rescheduling customer appointment, if call is not complete.
- Accurately complete all required documentation on services performed including “check list”. Informs a manager or team leader of any safety issues.
- Maintain a courteous demeanor with customers and associates at all times.
- Maintain a professional image at all times by wearing company approved uniform.
- Abide by all standards of performance and ethics.
- Participate in company sponsored training classes.
- Follow all safety policies and procedures.
- Maintain safe working conditions of the install crew.
- Communicate the benefits of Club Memberships.
- Manage callback ratios and labor margins.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Have a minimum of 3 years of verifiable work experience in installation.
- Knowledge of the fundamental operational functionality of residential air conditioning, heating, and ventilation equipment.
- Knowledge of installation and layout requirements of residential duct work and fittings.
- Able to read wiring diagrams and troubleshoot problems with refrigerant, electrical, and duct systems on HVAC equipment.
- Possess good analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Must be highly organized with good attention to detail and follow-through.
- Excellent customer service skills with desire to exceed customer expectations.
- Function in a team environment.
- Must be able to use a computer tablet, smart phone and read a map or follow GPS.
- Valid driver’s license, and approved to drive by Company’s insurance carrier.
- EPA Certified.
- NATE Certification preferred.
- HVAC certification or Diploma preferred.
- Prior work experience in the HVAC industry as an HVAC Install Apprentice.
- Work in indoor/outdoor elements with extreme variation in temperatures.
- Climbing, heavy lifting, standing, stooping, bending, crouching, kneeling, sitting, and reaching.
- Ability to work in tight spaces such as attics and/or crawlspaces.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds, to push, pull, carry or maneuver heavier items.
- Occasionally work from heights 15 feet or higher above ground.
- Have good visual acuity to see and focus close, distance, and peripheral vision with normal depth perception.
- Willing to work hours outside of normal work schedule, if needed.