Position Summary: To deliver exceptional HVAC service maintenance on residential heating and air conditioning systems. To oversee the work of the HVAC Service Apprentice to ensure all work is performed correctly and is reflective of Jerry Brittingham A/C’s values.
- Perform a thorough and accurate HVAC inspection including Health and Safety Checklist and communicate findings to the customer in a written option sheet.
- Perform all HVAC repairs and replacements to applicable codes.
- Complete all required documentation on services and collect, record, and deliver fees to designated office administration.
- Facilitate orders for all parts required for appointments and ensure preparedness for the day of service.
- Submit purchase orders to dispatch or other designated purchasing team administrators.
- Transport materials and tools to the job site and provide proper accounting of assigned tools.
- Keep vehicle clean and in safe working order.
- Ensure vehicle is stocked and accurately inventoried.
- Return defective warranty parts to the branch.
- Effectively communicate with the customer regarding questions, concerns and problems.
- Inform a manager if the customer does not have HVAC service before leaving the call.
- Facilitate rescheduling customer appointments, if the call is not complete.
- Accurately complete all required documentation on services performed.
- Age and type of equipment.
- Services completed.
- Invoice with the cost for services performed.
- Train, coach, and mentor apprentices.
- Informs a manager or team leader of any safety issues.
- Maintain a courteous demeanor with customers and associates at all times.
- Maintain a professional image at all times by wearing company approved uniform.
- Abide by all standards of performance and ethics.
- Participate in company sponsored training classes.
- Follow all safety policies and procedures.
- Communicate the benefits of Club Memberships.
- Manage operational metrics including average invoice total, callback ratios and labor margins.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Have a minimum of 2 to 5 years of verifiable work experience in the HVAC industry.
- Knowledge of the fundamental operational functionality of residential air conditioning, heating, and ventilation equipment.
- Able to troubleshoot problems with refrigerant, electrical, and duct systems on HVAC equipment.
- Possess good analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Must be highly organized with good attention to detail and follow through.
- Excellent customer service skills with desire to exceed customer expectations.
- Function in a team environment.
- Must be able to use a computer tablet, smartphone and read a map or follow GPS.
- Valid driver’s license, and approved to drive by Company’s insurance carrier.
- EPA Certified.
- NATE Certification preferred.
- HVAC certification or Diploma preferred.
- Work in indoor/outdoor elements with extreme variation in temperatures.
- Climbing, heavy lifting, standing, stooping, bending, crouching, kneeling, sitting, and reaching.
- Ability to work in tight spaces such as attics and/or crawlspaces.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds, to push, pull, carry or maneuver heavier items.
- Occasionally work from heights 15 feet or higher above ground.
- Have good visual acuity to see and focus close, distance, and peripheral vision with normal depth perception.
- Willing to work hours outside of the normal work schedule, if needed.